Thu, 09 Nov|
Tibii Hills Event
Elevating Human Rights to Transform the Disability Sector (Adelaide Hills)
Elevate human rights in the disability sector! Join advocates and experts for dynamic discussions & transformative insights.
Time & Location
09 Nov, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm ACDT
Tibii Hills Event, 17 Adelaide Rd, Mount Barker SA 5251, Australia
About the event
The "Elevating Human Rights to Transform the Disability Sector" event is a dynamic and engaging platform that brings together professionals, advocates, policymakers, individuals with disabilities, and stakeholders from various sectors. Through a series of presentations and panels, this event aims to explore the crucial intersection of human rights and the disability sector, fostering discussions and collaborations to drive positive change. With presentations, panels featuring diverse perspectives, networking opportunities and lunchtime, this four-hour event promises to be an insightful and impactful experience.
Key Themes and Topics Covered
• Understanding the fundamental connection between human rights and the disability sector
• Enhancing human rights advocacy and awareness within the disability sector
• Community engagement and business development within the Adelaide Hills
• Gain valuable insights from renowned experts, including individuals with lived experience, parents, service providers, and representatives from various sectors.
• Network with professionals, advocates, and stakeholders, fostering collaborations and partnerships.
• Discover practical strategies and actionable solutions to implement inclusive and rights-based approaches.
• Contribute your experiences, perspectives, and ideas towards shaping a more inclusive and rights-driven disability sector.
Who Should Attend
• NDIS Business owners, SDA providers, Plan managers, Supported Independent Living Providers, and other service providers.
• Professionals and practitioners working in disability services, human rights, housing, workforce development, support coordinators and related fields.
• Policymakers, government representatives, and advocates involved in disability policy and human rights.
• Researchers, academics, and students interested in disability studies, human rights, and social justice.
• Individuals with disabilities, parents, and families seeking knowledge, resources, and empowerment in exercising their rights.
• Representatives from non-governmental organisations (NGOs), community-based organisations, and advocacy groups working in the disability sector.
We Are Aligned With
• The United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) and its principles.
• National and international frameworks promoting disability rights, inclusivity, and human rights.
• Australia’s Disability Strategy 2021 – 2031
• Collaborative efforts with disability organisations, human rights initiatives, housing agencies, and workforce development entities.
• The shared vision of fostering an equitable, inclusive, and rights-driven disability sector.
Attention to Buyers:
The registration period will be from 09:30 am to 10:00 am on 09 November 2023, just before the event. Presentation and panelist details will be shared with ticket holders.
Check out photos from our previous event and watch the video linked in this event description. If you need more information, please visit the B-HART and Tibii websites: https://www.tibii.com.au/ and https://www.b-hart.com.au/, or feel free to email us directly at: email@example.com.
By purchasing a ticket, you're giving us a friendly nod to share event photos for marketing purposes. Thanks for being awesome and supporting our mission!